Inspired by wellness-conscious millennials’ desire for simple, wholesome snacks and…
BoxWay Packaging Group Limited, launched in June 2021, is pleased to announce the next stage of its investment plan to meet customer needs. Last year BoxWay Packaging Group reported significant investments into all three of its plants to develop and support both existing and potential new customers and to harness growth.
Further investments are now in the pipeline, which help address the growing demands from customers. These include:
- To complement the investment last year in a water-based ink, high quality digital printer and the significant upgrading of its speciality gluing capability, Exeter is installing a new Eterna flatbed die cutter, supplied by M&K Trading, for increased capacity and a new Kongsberg C44 digital finishing table to allow for smaller production runs, higher efficiency and improved productivity.
- Further to the investment announced last year in a new 5 colour Weipong rotary die cutter and a new speciality gluer, Peterlee has installed a replacement Kongsberg sample cutting table further increasing the versatility of the product offering at the site.
- The high quality printing capability at Telford will be further improved with refurbishment of its 4 colour Bobst flatbed die cutter.
Significant work is also being undertaken in the systems and support facilities at all three sites:
- Recruitment of three Designers to create the best, innovative and sustainable packaging using newly installed Artios CAD structural design software. These improvements mean that customers will benefit from a greater speed to market and a more proactive, innovative approach to product development.
- To complement the other investments in improving the capability of the print offering by all of the BoxWay Packaging Group plants, and with the support of Siegwerk, ink blending systems have been installed at all three sites along with X-Rite colour management systems to improve print quality, colour consistency and better facilitate the moving of work between sites.
- Major improvements in IT and IS infrastructure and introduction of a new accounting system to improve capacity, speed of response and to provide better management information.
- Entire fleet replacement of all Fork Lift Trucks with brand new equipment supplied by Impact Handling.
These new machines and enhancements are expected to all be fully operational by the autumn of 2022.
These investments reflect a continued adaptation to the on-going changes in the consumer and retail environment. Growth in demand is coming from many areas: local and independent producers, new and established E-commerce companies and consumer demand for sustainable environmentally-friendly packaging.
BoxWay Packaging Group is able to meet this demand by offering the most appropriate service for these different sectors. The Design Hub based in Exeter is equipped with the latest graphic and structural design technology, including digital printing, to produce short runs and personalised packaging. One of the greatest benefits of this technology is the ability to handle on-the-fly adjustments and last minute artwork alterations. BoxWay Packaging’s sales support teams understand the requirements for eleventh hour changes and are focused on offering a very personalised service.
Andrew Woollard, CEO, BoxWay Packaging Group, said: ‘We are delighted to announce the next stage of our investment plan, which builds nicely onto the first phase announced in September 2021. It further supports our customers by allowing us to respond even faster to their needs with our increased capacity, widening capability and innovative products.”